ProSomnus MicrO2 Oral Appliance – Mangum, OK
Fight Sleep Apnea with an Elegant Oral Appliance
There are a number of oral sleep appliances on the market today. Most of them are effective at reducing or eliminating snoring and other symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea. However, Dr. Lively tends to favor the MicrO2 device from ProSomnus because it offers several distinct advantages that set it apart from other products.
How the MicrO2 Works
Similar to other oral sleep appliances, the MicO2 gently repositions the lower jaw at night, thus allowing for freer airflow. The freer airflow, in turn, prevents the snoring and pauses in breathing that are associated with obstructive sleep apnea. Other things that the MicrO2 has in common with its competitors is that it is small, highly portable, and is a suitable treatment in many cases of mild to moderate sleep apnea.
Advantages of the MicrO2
Here are some features of the Micro2 that set it apart from the competition:
- Some patients find oral sleep appliances to be too bulky to be comfortable. The innovators at ProSomnus designed the MicrO2 to use as little material as possible while still maintaining effectiveness. Thus, the MicrO2 is even smaller than its competitors.
- Unlike other devices, the MicrO2 does not have a piece that fits over the tongue. Thus, you may feel less restricted than you would when wearing other devices.
- The MicrO2 fits similarly to a retainer. It can thus prevent the teeth from drifting out of place following orthodontic treatment.
- The MicrO2’s compact, precise design minimizes the risk of TMJ complications.
- The MicrO2 features elegant, one-piece construction. Thus, there are no moving parts that might break or require complicated adjustments.
- Your MicrO2 will be custom designed with advanced CAD/CAM technology to fit with your unique oral structures. Thus, you can expect a high level of comfort.
- ProSomnus has a faster average turnaround time than many competitors, which means relief from your obstructive sleep apnea may be even closer than you think.
- The MicrO2 is extremely durable. It even comes with a warranty that protects your investment for up to three years.
Getting the Most out of Your MicrO2
Getting the most out of your MicrO2 device is easy. Simply place it in your mouth at night right before you go to bed. As soon as you start using it, you should notice an improvement in your sleep apnea. As your therapy progresses and your jaw gets used to resting in its proper position, you will notice even more improvement.
Each morning, it is important that you clean your device so bacteria does not build up in it and lead to discoloration and unpleasant odors. Cleaning the MicrO2 is easy; simply brush it with a gentle cleanser. It’s best not to use toothpaste because many toothpastes are abrasive and might scratch the MicrO2’s clear plastic. If you ever run into any problems with your device, or you have questions about how to get the most out of it, contact our team. Dr. Lively and our staff are eager to help you make a success out of your oral appliance therapy.