Medibyte Jr. At-Home Sleep Test Device – Mangum, OK
A Convenient Way to Analyze Your Sleep
If you suspect you have sleep apnea or another sleep disorder, you might hesitate to get tested. After all, the idea of spending a night in a laboratory with a bunch of machines hooked up to you may not sound appealing. We understand your concerns, which is why we have invested in an at-home sleep testing device that you can borrow for a night. That device is the Medibyte Jr.
How the Medibyte Jr. Works
The Medibyte Jr. is a small device that you can easily hook up to yourself. It consists of a small monitor that rests on the chest and tiny tubes that fit into the nostrils. You will don the device according to the detailed instructions that we will give you, and then you will simply go to sleep. The machine will monitor your blood oxygen saturation, respiratory inductance plethysmography (movement of the chest and abdominal wall), pulse, body position, and airflow. After you complete the test, you’ll return the Medibyte Jr. to us so an expert can analyze your results and confirm whether or not you have sleep apnea. It’s that easy!
Benefits of the Medibyte Jr.
Undergoing a sleep test with the Medibyte Jr. offers some major advantages:
- Accurate diagnosis. The device’s advanced technology provides all the data necessary to diagnose sleep apnea and/or monitor the effectiveness of sleep apnea treatment.
- Ease of use. Most patients find that the instructions for setting the Medibyte Jr. up are easy to follow. (They even come with pictures to make the setup process as simple as possible.)
- At-home sleep testing is usually covered by insurance. Even if your insurance does not cover it, you will not have to pay an arm and a leg because at-home sleep tests typically have a much lower price than laboratory sleep testing.
- It might feel strange to be hooked up to a machine while you sleep, but the device should not greatly interfere with your nighttime comfort.
- With laboratory sleep testing, you have to deal with the hassle of traveling to the clinic, sleeping in an unfamiliar bed, and more. The Medibyte Jr. sleep test offers a much higher level of convenience because you use it in the comfort of your own home.
Tips for Your Sleep Test with the Medibyte Jr.
Here are some suggestions to help you make sure that your sleep test with the Medibyte Jr. is a success:
- The day of your test, follow your normal routine as closely as possible (although we may ask you to not consume any caffeine after lunchtime)
- Don’t hesitate to ask us if you have any questions about how to use the Medibyte Jr.
- Sleep in your normal position
- Wear a shirt so the device’s straps do not irritate your bare skin
Would you like to learn more about at-home sleep testing with the remarkable Medibyte Jr.? Contact us today to ask questions or request a consultation.